How to find the lost Mobile with IMEI number: If you have lost your mobile phone in India, the first step you should take is to contact your mobile service provider and ask them to block your SIM card. This will prevent anyone from making calls or using your mobile data.
Stolen or Lost your Mobile – What to do next? In this article, we have explained how you can get your lost or stolen mobile using IMEI number.
How to find the lost Mobile with IMEI number
In case your mobile is stolen or lost, you should block it on CEIR Portal apart from lodging a police complaint which can be online or offline as per each state police infrastructure. It is advised that you must use the CEIR portal of the Government of India to block your stolen or lost mobile using IMEI
The CEIR portal (𝗵𝘁𝘁𝗽𝘀://𝘄𝘄𝘄.𝗰𝗲𝗶𝗿.𝗴𝗼𝘃.𝗶𝗻) provides a simple way to block stole or lost mobile by registering your mobile device on the portal. By doing so, you can ensure that no one else can use your mobile, and you can potentially get it back. If you lost your mobile or it has been stolen, you can get the device blocked to prevent misuse of your data.
After the successful submission of the blocking request on the CEIR portal, your mobile gets blocked within 24 hours and it cannot be used on any network across India. Blocking your mobile on the CEIR portal will increase the probability of getting your mobile back. This will enable the police to recover your mobile and you may get it back.
CEIR portal is a small step that can have a big impact on your mobile safety and security and prevent form further financial losses since we tend to link all our Bank Accounts to various Mobile Apps.
You can block your stolen or lost mobile by following the procedure below:
- If you realize that your mobile phone has been stolen or lost, file an FIR and keep a copy of it.
- Get a duplicate SIM Card for the lost number from your telecom service provider (eg, Airtel, Jio, Vodafone, BSNL, MTNL, etc.). This is essential because you will need to provide this as the primary mobile number (OTP will be sent on this number) while submitting the request for blocking your IMEI on CEIR portal. Note: As per TRAI’s regulation, the SMS facility on re-issued SIMs is enabled after 24 hours of SIM activation.
- Get your documents ready – a copy of FIR and Identity Proof, Mobile Bill / Invoice. Know your mobile IMEI numbers.
- Go to the CEIR website www.ceir.gov.in and fill out the form with the required details and attach the required documents. Click here to go to the form.
- After submitting the form, you will be given a Request ID. The same can be used for checking the status of your request and for unblocking your mobile in the future when you get it back.
Once you have found your mobile, you can unblock it by following the steps below:
- Go to the CEIR portal (𝗵𝘁𝘁𝗽𝘀://𝘄𝘄𝘄.𝗰𝗲𝗶𝗿.𝗴𝗼𝘃.𝗶𝗻)
- At the bottom, click on “Un-block Found Mobile”
- Enter the ‘Request ID’ and your phone number
- Once you submit the application, your IMEI will be unblocked
So, take the time to block your stolen or lost mobile on CEIR portal today and be safe. Share this info further as much as possible.
Join our Social Media Community!
- Best Criminal Lawyers in Delhi | Best Criminal Advocate in Delhi
- Lawyers in Delhi for Divorce, Best Divorce Advocate in Delhi
- Cryptocurrency Lawyers in India | Best Blockchain Lawyers in India